Appledore dock plan exhibition
Proposals to redevelop the Middle Dock site in Appledore for residential development and a sea-sports centre will be displayed at a community exhibition on Saturday. The plans for the site, which is currently owned by Evans Transport in Bideford, are for
Proposals to redevelop the Middle Dock site in Appledore for residential development and a sea-sports centre will be displayed at a community exhibition on Saturday.
The plans for the site, which is currently owned by Evans Transport in Bideford, are for 23 new homes and a boathouse and storage facilities for Appledore and Torridge Pilot Gig Clubs. They have been prepared by Taunton-based Strongvox Homes.
Strongvox Director Robert Alford says the exhibition will be an opportunity for local people to gain an early insight into the emerging proposals for the site.
"The dock has been allocated in the Torridge District Council Local Plan for possible mixed residential and coastal related use," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been talking to the gig clubs for some time about the possibility of us providing them with a new home. There is also potential to accommodate other sea related sports in the future. These are first steps in the planning process and we are keen to hear local feedback"
The exhibition is taking place at St Mary's Church Hall and will be open to the public from 11.am until 4.00 pm.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon