Appledore dock plan exhibition
Proposals to redevelop the Middle Dock site in Appledore for residential development and a sea-sports centre will be displayed at a community exhibition on Saturday. The plans for the site, which is currently owned by Evans Transport in Bideford, are for
Proposals to redevelop the Middle Dock site in Appledore for residential development and a sea-sports centre will be displayed at a community exhibition on Saturday.
The plans for the site, which is currently owned by Evans Transport in Bideford, are for 23 new homes and a boathouse and storage facilities for Appledore and Torridge Pilot Gig Clubs. They have been prepared by Taunton-based Strongvox Homes.
Strongvox Director Robert Alford says the exhibition will be an opportunity for local people to gain an early insight into the emerging proposals for the site.
"The dock has been allocated in the Torridge District Council Local Plan for possible mixed residential and coastal related use," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been talking to the gig clubs for some time about the possibility of us providing them with a new home. There is also potential to accommodate other sea related sports in the future. These are first steps in the planning process and we are keen to hear local feedback"
The exhibition is taking place at St Mary's Church Hall and will be open to the public from 11.am until 4.00 pm.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief