Appledore carnival kicks off this weekend
The colourful event returns to the village on Sunday, August 11.
APPLEDORE will play host to its 110th carnival this weekend as the village comes to life with colourful characters and floats.
The event on Sunday, organised by the Appledore Pirates, will set off at 4pm through the village and will be followed by an after party at the Beaver Inn.
This year’s Carnival Queen is Rebecca Holloway, with attendants Emily Beer and Lizzie McBride; fairies Sophie Miller and Ellie Miller and young pirate Harvey Cole.
The carnival will assemble along Staddon Road at 3pm for judging at 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to everyone with extra car parks being opened up at Skern Lodge.
For more information on floats or entering on food contact the Pirates secretary Teresa Hammett on 01237 474847.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel