Appledore band had a splendid time
SIR - On behalf of Appledore Band I wish to thank Mrs J Hawl for her letter in last week s Gazette relating to the band s visit to Normandy. We are delighted she enjoyed the concert. The band was invited to play at the 35th twinning celebrations of the No
SIR - On behalf of Appledore Band I wish to thank Mrs J Hawl for her letter in last week's Gazette relating to the band's visit to Normandy. We are delighted she enjoyed the concert.
The band was invited to play at the 35th twinning celebrations of the Northam/Mondeville twinning Associations during the weekend of September 24-28. There then followed a great deal of fund-raising activities by band members and their families.
We had a splendid weekend in the Mondeville area, playing two concerts for the Twinning Associations. We also played an impromptu concert at Arromanche sea front by the Memorial Museum to an appreciative audience. One French couple who had attended our concerts on Appledore Quay during the summer travelled from Paris to see us at Mondeville.
The trip was greatly enhanced by perfect weather and the vast knowledge of the area by our coach driver, Ray Kingdom of TW Coaches of South Molton.
You may also want to watch:
We are now looking forward to playing with Bideford and Hartland Bands in a massed band concert on Saturday at Kingsley Concert Hall (formerly Edgehill College) .
New players and beginners are always welcome at the rehearsals of both senior and training bands. Our website is www.appledoreband.org.uk
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon