Appledore band had a splendid time
SIR - On behalf of Appledore Band I wish to thank Mrs J Hawl for her letter in last week s Gazette relating to the band s visit to Normandy. We are delighted she enjoyed the concert. The band was invited to play at the 35th twinning celebrations of the No
SIR - On behalf of Appledore Band I wish to thank Mrs J Hawl for her letter in last week's Gazette relating to the band's visit to Normandy. We are delighted she enjoyed the concert.
The band was invited to play at the 35th twinning celebrations of the Northam/Mondeville twinning Associations during the weekend of September 24-28. There then followed a great deal of fund-raising activities by band members and their families.
We had a splendid weekend in the Mondeville area, playing two concerts for the Twinning Associations. We also played an impromptu concert at Arromanche sea front by the Memorial Museum to an appreciative audience. One French couple who had attended our concerts on Appledore Quay during the summer travelled from Paris to see us at Mondeville.
The trip was greatly enhanced by perfect weather and the vast knowledge of the area by our coach driver, Ray Kingdom of TW Coaches of South Molton.
You may also want to watch:
We are now looking forward to playing with Bideford and Hartland Bands in a massed band concert on Saturday at Kingsley Concert Hall (formerly Edgehill College) .
New players and beginners are always welcome at the rehearsals of both senior and training bands. Our website is www.appledoreband.org.uk
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station