Appeal to gardeners at Westward Ho!
CALLING all gardeners in Westward Ho! Growing interest in the village s Potwalloping Festival has prompted plans to revive its Open Gardens scheme. Organisers are keen to have as many gardens as possible to offer visitors and would welcome as many as poss
CALLING all gardeners in Westward Ho! Growing interest in the village's Potwalloping Festival has prompted plans to revive its Open Gardens scheme.
Organisers are keen to have as many gardens as possible to offer visitors and would welcome as many as possible to come forward.
Organiser Terry Thorpe said: "We are not looking for immaculate gardens of the National Gardens Scheme standard as shown on the TV shows. We are looking for keen gardeners who might like to share their hard work and pride and joy with like-minded people and chat about all things gardening.
"From past Open Gardens the feedback has always been that the gardeners enjoy the day just as much as the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
" It's worth mentioning that this is the only event incurring a charge at the Festival as the money raised from the sale of trail guides goes to supporting local charities and good causes. Gardeners also have the opportunity to do additional fund-raising by selling plants or refreshments to visitors."
Open Gardens is taking place on Sunday, May 30, from 2-5pm. Anyone interested in taking part should call (01237) 423292 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford