Appeal to fishermen after net theft
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following the theft of valuable fishing equipment in North Devon.
They are calling for the help particularly of involved in the North Devon fishing communities following the theft of 10 bass fishing nets and a grappnel anchor worth just over �2,000.
It is thought the nets and anchor were taken between October 27 and November 7 from the winter storage area at Cove Park in Ilfracombe.
It is believed they may be offered for sale or have been sold in the North Devon area.
The nets are made by Advance Netting from Scotland and are recognisable by the black and white specs along the lead line and white floats on a blue top line.
You may also want to watch:
The anchor is steel, with four prongs approximately 18 inches long and is used for holding the net to the bottom of the sea.
If anyone has any information they are asked to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777 444 and quote crime reference number CI/10/1307 or call the confidential Crimestoppers line anonymously on 0800 555111or report online at www.Crimestoppers-
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'