Appeal to fishermen after net theft
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following the theft of valuable fishing equipment in North Devon.
They are calling for the help particularly of involved in the North Devon fishing communities following the theft of 10 bass fishing nets and a grappnel anchor worth just over �2,000.
It is thought the nets and anchor were taken between October 27 and November 7 from the winter storage area at Cove Park in Ilfracombe.
It is believed they may be offered for sale or have been sold in the North Devon area.
The nets are made by Advance Netting from Scotland and are recognisable by the black and white specs along the lead line and white floats on a blue top line.
You may also want to watch:
The anchor is steel, with four prongs approximately 18 inches long and is used for holding the net to the bottom of the sea.
If anyone has any information they are asked to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 08452 777 444 and quote crime reference number CI/10/1307 or call the confidential Crimestoppers line anonymously on 0800 555111or report online at www.Crimestoppers-
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton