Appeal to find witnesses who helped man seriously injured in collision with cyclist
- Credit: Archant
The 54-year-old was walking when he was involved in a collision with a cyclist, who police are keen to trace. Can you help?
Police are looking to talk to witnesses who helped a pedestrian who collided with a cyclist in Bideford.
The man, 54, from Bideford, was walking home along North Road after watching football at a local pub on Thursday, May 5, sometime between 7.30pm and 10pm.
As he turned the corner at the end of the road onto Pitt Lane, he was involved in a collision with a cyclist who was travelling down the steep hill.
The victim suffered serious head, facial and internal injuries as a result.
You may also want to watch:
He spent several days in hospital and will require ongoing treatment for his injuries.
Officers are still searching for the cyclist and are asking the person to come forward.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
They are also looking to find a number of witnesses who saw the incident, or helped the man at the scene.
PC Adam Sinclair, based in Bideford, said: “Unfortunately, the victim cannot remember much of the incident.
“He remembers the impact and then waking up in the care of medical staff.
“According to paramedics, the victim was located in the area of Lime Grove at the bottom of the hill, which links to Elm Grove.
“He was with around six people who were helping him and we would like to speak to them as they may be able to assist with our enquiries.
“North Road, Pitt Lane and Lime Grove are busy areas of the town and there would have been lots of people around at the time.
“We would also like anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch.”
Anyone with information is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting reference CR/032683/16.
Information can also be passed anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers, by calling 0800 555 111 or reporting online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
For North Devon news, click here to return to our homepage.