Appeal raises �35k for local hospices
Thank-you for supporting the Christmas Light Up a Life appeal.
PEOPLE from across the region have once again shown their generosity and support for the annual Light up a Life appeal that brings together both local hospices.
Through donations made at church services, online or directly via the North Devon Gazette more than �35,000 has been raised for Children’s Hospice South West and North Devon Hospice to help those whose lives have been affected by life-limiting conditions.
More than 20 services were held at churches in towns and villages across North Devon, for anyone who feels the loss of a loved one, not just those who were served by the hospices.
Emma Perry, community fund raiser for Children’s Hospice South West, said: “We are very grateful to each person that has filled in a donation or attended a service but more importantly backed our appeal.”
You may also want to watch:
“I am always amazed by the fantastic support we get from so many, it’s more important than ever in these difficult economic times.
Gerard Fawcitt, of North Devon Hospice, added: “Huge thanks go to our sponsors, Parker, Morrisons and James Electrics, and also to the Gazette for doing such a sterling job of promoting the campaign to their readers.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
“It is only possible to provide our essential services thanks to the generosity of the local community, so we are grateful for their continued support.”
It is not too late to make a donation in memory of a loved one as part of the Light Up a Life appeal. Either fill in one of the forms below, or visit www.northdevonlightupalife.co.uk.