Apologise to them
Nicola Baglow is right (“Don’t pardon them”, Opinion, September 26). Bideford’s so-called witches should not be pardoned. Instead, the church and state that murdered them should apologise.
These women committed no crime as such. They were victims of an age when the casting of magic spells and flying on broomsticks were thought possible.
These women have nothing to be forgiven for. It was the church and state that committed what today can only be seen as a crime.
(Bideford town councillor, 2007-2011)
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 8 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'