SIR - Yet again, another outline planning application to build on the site of Westward Ho! Tennis Club arrived through our door from TDC.
And, yet again, the architect wants to build bungalows, but much more concerning to us, the local residents, two and three-storey town houses. This on a site which is on an incline from Atlantic Way down to the sea front.
The latest drawings show two-storey houses adjacent to Park Avenue, which would be very dominant, completely overlook the properties and block out much needed sunlight to the gardens.
The three-storey houses to the west of the site, mean bungalows in Dune View and Park Avenue and also the Links will have a tall block wall as a view. Ridiculous.
The Supplementary Planning Document (Nov 2008 Westward Ho! Area Design Statement) says: “New buildings or changes to existing buildings should be designed to respect the character and context of the setting...”
You may also want to watch:
How does this proposed build comply with anything in the above document?
If anyone agrees with us, the local residents, that this should be refused, please write with your objections to TDC by January 30.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre