SIR - Yet again, another outline planning application to build on the site of Westward Ho! Tennis Club arrived through our door from TDC.
And, yet again, the architect wants to build bungalows, but much more concerning to us, the local residents, two and three-storey town houses. This on a site which is on an incline from Atlantic Way down to the sea front.
The latest drawings show two-storey houses adjacent to Park Avenue, which would be very dominant, completely overlook the properties and block out much needed sunlight to the gardens.
The three-storey houses to the west of the site, mean bungalows in Dune View and Park Avenue and also the Links will have a tall block wall as a view. Ridiculous.
The Supplementary Planning Document (Nov 2008 Westward Ho! Area Design Statement) says: “New buildings or changes to existing buildings should be designed to respect the character and context of the setting...”
You may also want to watch:
How does this proposed build comply with anything in the above document?
If anyone agrees with us, the local residents, that this should be refused, please write with your objections to TDC by January 30.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal