SIR - Yet again, another outline planning application to build on the site of Westward Ho! Tennis Club arrived through our door from TDC.
And, yet again, the architect wants to build bungalows, but much more concerning to us, the local residents, two and three-storey town houses. This on a site which is on an incline from Atlantic Way down to the sea front.
The latest drawings show two-storey houses adjacent to Park Avenue, which would be very dominant, completely overlook the properties and block out much needed sunlight to the gardens.
The three-storey houses to the west of the site, mean bungalows in Dune View and Park Avenue and also the Links will have a tall block wall as a view. Ridiculous.
The Supplementary Planning Document (Nov 2008 Westward Ho! Area Design Statement) says: “New buildings or changes to existing buildings should be designed to respect the character and context of the setting...”
You may also want to watch:
How does this proposed build comply with anything in the above document?
If anyone agrees with us, the local residents, that this should be refused, please write with your objections to TDC by January 30.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge