Annual Proms concert returns to Appledore
Classical music will float through the seaside town on Sunday.
THE sounds of classical music will be heard across Appledore as the annual Proms Concert on the Quay takes place on Sunday.
Appledore Band will play to listeners on the quayside, or St Mary’s Church if the weather does not hold out.
Maureen Croker, of the band, said: “The band has held these concerts for the past two years and they have proved to be a great success with many hundreds of people attending to listen to the band playing popular music and joining in with all the favourite proms songs.”
Flags and song sheets will be available for a donation and the concert will bring to an end the band’s summer season on the Quay.
You may also want to watch:
But the musicians have a busy month ahead of them, playing at the Exmouth Entertainment Festival on September 1 and the Bandstand Marathon on Appledore Quay on September 9.
The band will also be joining forces with the Military Wives Choir to kick off Appledore Book Festival in St Mary’s Church on September 28.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash