Annual Proms concert returns to Appledore
Classical music will float through the seaside town on Sunday.
THE sounds of classical music will be heard across Appledore as the annual Proms Concert on the Quay takes place on Sunday.
Appledore Band will play to listeners on the quayside, or St Mary’s Church if the weather does not hold out.
Maureen Croker, of the band, said: “The band has held these concerts for the past two years and they have proved to be a great success with many hundreds of people attending to listen to the band playing popular music and joining in with all the favourite proms songs.”
Flags and song sheets will be available for a donation and the concert will bring to an end the band’s summer season on the Quay.
You may also want to watch:
But the musicians have a busy month ahead of them, playing at the Exmouth Entertainment Festival on September 1 and the Bandstand Marathon on Appledore Quay on September 9.
The band will also be joining forces with the Military Wives Choir to kick off Appledore Book Festival in St Mary’s Church on September 28.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience