Annual Proms concert returns to Appledore
Classical music will float through the seaside town on Sunday.
THE sounds of classical music will be heard across Appledore as the annual Proms Concert on the Quay takes place on Sunday.
Appledore Band will play to listeners on the quayside, or St Mary’s Church if the weather does not hold out.
Maureen Croker, of the band, said: “The band has held these concerts for the past two years and they have proved to be a great success with many hundreds of people attending to listen to the band playing popular music and joining in with all the favourite proms songs.”
Flags and song sheets will be available for a donation and the concert will bring to an end the band’s summer season on the Quay.
But the musicians have a busy month ahead of them, playing at the Exmouth Entertainment Festival on September 1 and the Bandstand Marathon on Appledore Quay on September 9.
The band will also be joining forces with the Military Wives Choir to kick off Appledore Book Festival in St Mary’s Church on September 28.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 5 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 8 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity