Annual Christmas shopping extravaganza
The Westcountry’s Biggest Annual Christmas Shopping Extravaganza
Park for free and solve all your Christmas shopping problems under one huge roof, at Westpoint Arena from Friday, November 25 until Sunday, November 27.
You’ll enjoy spending a few hours browsing around 100s of stalls displaying a far wider selection of products than you’d ever have imagined was possible!
For three fun-packed days, the Devon County Showground hosts an amazing range of retailers, manufacturers, craftspeople, wholesalers and importers,from far and wide, who transform the vast 50,000 sq ft hall into an Aladdin’s cave of wonderful gift ideas and essential Christmas items.
All the popular regular exhibitors will be there again and the organisers have also attracted over 130 new companies to take part this year. Their wide-ranging products are sure to go down well with the 1000s of shoppers who rely on the Shopping Fayre each year for original gift ideas...
You may also want to watch:
Wonderful wooden carvings from Bali, batiks from Tanzania, worry dolls from Guatemala, alpaca knitwear from Peru - many of the traders are major importers with products from far-flung countries. You could easily imagine you’ve been transported to an exciting bazaar!
For youngsters there’s a brand new board game ‘Kids Luv’, the hugely popular ‘Treasure Trails’ or ‘Kids Cooking Co’ kits. Ashley the Magician will show them how to perform his magic tricks.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Adults might fancy a painting holiday with ‘Fenwick Art’ or a flying lesson with ‘Aviation South West’. You could even get your feet refreshed at the ‘Fish Spa’! Every alleyway is packed with interesting ideas.
Leading local craft-workers (with jewellery, artwork, ceramics, fabrics, wood, glass etc) will be showing their latest unique creations - ideal for that really special gift. Some of the craft-workers will be demonstrating their skills at the Fayre.
The ‘Speciality Food and Drink’ area is always busy. You can meet top producers offering free tastings including wonderful wines and liqueurs. Spend a while watching the clever demonstrators showing off the latest kitchen gadgets.
There’s never a dull moment at the Shopping Fayre with talented street-type entertainers and so much to see in every alley. Meet Wildlife on Exmoor’s Johnny Kingdom in the foyer and let your kids visit the very popular free Santa’s grotto.
The biggest attraction though is always the huge variety of goods on offer, that’s what brings so many shoppers every year.
Never been? Then what are you waiting for - you’ve got a real treat in store!