Anne takes the plunge for Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Former Torrington mayor will be donning goggles and diving into the river to raise money for the North Devon Hospice.
A FORMER mayor of Torrington is pulling on her goggles and jumping into the murky waters of the River Taw to swim a mile for the North Devon Hospice.
Anne Tattersall is hoping to raise £1,000 for the charity by taking on the river swim in Barnstaple on Sunday, October 27.
She has jumped out a plane and walked across glass and burning coals for the Hospice before, raising tens-of-thousands of pounds over the years, but Anne says this will be her toughest challenge yet.
“I’m not a strong swimmer so this is going to be extremely gruelling,” said Anne.
You may also want to watch:
“But I know a lot of people in the hospice would love to be able to swim so that’s what’s keeping me going.”
Anne has been training three times a week, and 1610, which runs Torrington Pool, has agreed to donate the cost of her swim session to the cause.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
“So far I’ve raised around £300, but I have plenty planned and will be hitting Barnstaple in my wet suit to fundraise.”
Anne will be hosting a coffee morning in The Globe in Torrington on Saturday, October 26 from 10am until 12pm, with teas and coffees donated by owners Tracy and Dave Furse.
The one mile swim will take place from under the Iron Bridge in Rock Park, finishing at the slipway behind the Civc Centre.
To sponsor Anne, visit www.justgiving.com/swimanneswim.