Animals rescued in Torrington barn blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire service battles Gas Lane fire for more than three hours
Pigs and chickens were rescued by fire fighters after a Torrington barn was all but destroyed in a blaze yesterday (Monday) afternoon.
Crews from Torrington, Bideford, Hatherleigh and the water foam carrier from Barnstaple were called to the 40 by 10 metre building at Gas Lane at around 4.20pm.
They fought the flames from the outside as the building, containing hay, straw and farm machinery was deemed to be unsafe.
The fire was brought under control just before 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service said around 12 pigs and a number of chickens were rescued from the building and left in the care of their owner.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke