Angler rescued after fall at Ilfracombe
Fisherman taken to hospital following slip at Capstone.
COASTGUARD, fire and ambulance crews turned out to rescue an angler who fell on rocks at Capstone in Ilfracombe yesterday (Thursday).
The alarm was raised around mid morning after the man slipped at the popular fishing spot and leg injuries, thought to be his knee.
The rescue effort was co-ordinated by Swansea Coastguard and at around 11.40am two fire crews from the town plus a specialist rescue team from Barnstaple were called in to assist coastguard teams from Ilfracombe and Mortehoe.
As a crowd on onlookers watched from the Capstone path, they immobilised the casualty in a stretcher before preparing to carry him to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to hospital by waiting paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online