Angler rescued after fall at Ilfracombe
Fisherman taken to hospital following slip at Capstone.
COASTGUARD, fire and ambulance crews turned out to rescue an angler who fell on rocks at Capstone in Ilfracombe yesterday (Thursday).
The alarm was raised around mid morning after the man slipped at the popular fishing spot and leg injuries, thought to be his knee.
The rescue effort was co-ordinated by Swansea Coastguard and at around 11.40am two fire crews from the town plus a specialist rescue team from Barnstaple were called in to assist coastguard teams from Ilfracombe and Mortehoe.
As a crowd on onlookers watched from the Capstone path, they immobilised the casualty in a stretcher before preparing to carry him to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to hospital by waiting paramedics from South Western Ambulance Service.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow