Anger over Fremington Quay cafe lease
THE lease to run the caf� at Fremington Quay looks set to be thrown open to bidders in the coming weeks and a storm is already brewing. Fremington Parish Council is to consider the recommendations of its quay committee on July 12 and if approved, the cafe
THE lease to run the caf� at Fremington Quay looks set to be thrown open to bidders in the coming weeks and a storm is already brewing.
Fremington Parish Council is to consider the recommendations of its quay committee on July 12 and if approved, the cafe lease will be put out to tender, with applicants invited to submit their visions for its future.
The current 10-year lease expires in January and includes the renovated railway station building plus the post of quay warden, which includes a bungalow on the site.
The council has said it is putting the lease out to tender because it has a statutory obligation to do so - but current tenant Sue Harty disputes this. She is launching a huge campaign to fight the decision and says the council will have to forcibly evict her and her family.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a 3,000 signature petition and I will fight, I have nothing left to lose.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes