An expensive shop
- Credit: Archant
Regarding the article concerning Mr Draper’s parking ticket at Asda, Bideford.
We visited this store on October 25, 2012. We had breakfast in the cafe then did a normal shop in the store. When it’s a store you don’t know, the layout of it may take a little longer than normal. Also, the Christmas stock was out so we were getting ideas.
We got to the car to load up, there was the parking ticket. £70, or £40 if paid within two weeks. Lovely! I paid the £40.
It was timed at three minutes after we had pulled into the space (I had checked my watch) until a few minutes over the two hours.
The most expensive shop I have ever done in a supermarket.
My tip for Asda shoppers – shop or eat there, there’s no time for both. As for us, we will NOT be going there again!
N Spencer (Mrs)
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 9 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'