Amateur dramatics group helped by Councillors
The Appledore Maritime Players have received a generous donation from Torridge District Councillors.
AN AMATEUR dramatics group in Appledore have received a generous donation from two Torridge District Councillors.
The Appledore Maritime Players received a donation of �400 from Councillors Andrew Eastman and Barry Edwards who both live in Appledore.
The councillors gave �200 each to the group from their community grant pot.
The Players, who are now in the 14th year, used the money to help buy a fire curtain and sound equipment for future productions.
You may also want to watch:
Casting for next year’s play, The Girls of Blossom Hill by Tom Waters, will start next month.
If you are interested in applying to the councillor community grants scheme then please contact your ward councillor, or the community development team on 01237 428756.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 9 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up