Amateur dramatics group helped by Councillors
The Appledore Maritime Players have received a generous donation from Torridge District Councillors.
AN AMATEUR dramatics group in Appledore have received a generous donation from two Torridge District Councillors.
The Appledore Maritime Players received a donation of �400 from Councillors Andrew Eastman and Barry Edwards who both live in Appledore.
The councillors gave �200 each to the group from their community grant pot.
The Players, who are now in the 14th year, used the money to help buy a fire curtain and sound equipment for future productions.
You may also want to watch:
Casting for next year’s play, The Girls of Blossom Hill by Tom Waters, will start next month.
If you are interested in applying to the councillor community grants scheme then please contact your ward councillor, or the community development team on 01237 428756.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'