Amateur dramatics group helped by Councillors
The Appledore Maritime Players have received a generous donation from Torridge District Councillors.
AN AMATEUR dramatics group in Appledore have received a generous donation from two Torridge District Councillors.
The Appledore Maritime Players received a donation of �400 from Councillors Andrew Eastman and Barry Edwards who both live in Appledore.
The councillors gave �200 each to the group from their community grant pot.
The Players, who are now in the 14th year, used the money to help buy a fire curtain and sound equipment for future productions.
You may also want to watch:
Casting for next year’s play, The Girls of Blossom Hill by Tom Waters, will start next month.
If you are interested in applying to the councillor community grants scheme then please contact your ward councillor, or the community development team on 01237 428756.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 10 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe