Alternative to surfboard
Not keen on the surfboard? What has this to do with the other villages? Please see alternative.
I think a ship in a botttle would be appropriate. This is because of the following:-
1. Appledore =ships
2. Northam=sailors, ie the Burroughs brothers who would have known Sir Richard Granville and Sir Walter Raleigh.
3. A ship in a bottle would have been something you would see as a souvenir in Westward Ho! shops.
You may also want to watch:
Marilyn Northcott, Northam
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple