All you need to know about standing for election
NORTH Devon Council is holding an event for local people who are interested in standing as a candidate in this year’s district election.
The event is taking place on Wednesday, March 9 in the Council Chamber at the Civic Centre from 7pm.
It will provide potential candidates and their agents with all the information they need about standing in this year’s district election.
It is free to attend and there is no need to book a place in advance.
Electoral services officer Judith Dark said: “The role of a district councillor is very important; it is a chance to get involved with the needs of the local area and local people. By taking on the role you are representing these needs and interests by acting as a contact between them and the council.
You may also want to watch:
“Councillors also get to participate in the political management of North Devon Council. All councillors agree the budget and the council’s policy framework. As well as this, some councillors may be asked to serve as members of panels, committees or the Executive.”
Following the event people who are interested in standing as a candidate have from March 14 until April 4 to put forward their application.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
For more about the event contact Judith Dark on (01271) 388277 or www.northdevon.gov.uk/elections.