All things St Peter
BIDEFORD Parish Church has this week started a month of celebrations of all things St Peter. Events are being held at St Mary s Parish Church leading up to a visit by the Bishop of Exeter, the Rt Rev Michael Langrish, on July 27 for the rededication to S
BIDEFORD Parish Church has this week started a month of celebrations of all things St Peter.
Events are being held at St Mary's Parish Church leading up to a visit by the Bishop of Exeter, the Rt Rev Michael Langrish, on July 27 for the rededication to St Peter of what is currently the parish church's Lady Chapel.
It will mark the fulfilment of a promise made when St Peter's Church at East-the-Water was closed for worship a number of years ago.
Sunday saw the opening of an exhibition on the history of St Peter's Church 1850 - 2001, with photographs supplied by former members of the church, which is is hoped to have open daily in St Mary's.
You may also want to watch:
There will follow a coffee morning on July 10, with another opportunity to see the St Peter's exhibition and an evening Rock and Chips event on July 23, with excerpts from the musical Rock, the story of St Peter.
On July 27 there will be a morning communion, with a reflection on the past of St Peter's and this will be followed at 3pm by the Bishop's rededication of the Lady Chapel
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
For further information contact the Parish Office at 9, Church Walk, Bideford (tel 01237 474078) or Jean Stewart (01237 471713).