All things St Peter
BIDEFORD Parish Church has this week started a month of celebrations of all things St Peter. Events are being held at St Mary s Parish Church leading up to a visit by the Bishop of Exeter, the Rt Rev Michael Langrish, on July 27 for the rededication to S
BIDEFORD Parish Church has this week started a month of celebrations of all things St Peter.
Events are being held at St Mary's Parish Church leading up to a visit by the Bishop of Exeter, the Rt Rev Michael Langrish, on July 27 for the rededication to St Peter of what is currently the parish church's Lady Chapel.
It will mark the fulfilment of a promise made when St Peter's Church at East-the-Water was closed for worship a number of years ago.
Sunday saw the opening of an exhibition on the history of St Peter's Church 1850 - 2001, with photographs supplied by former members of the church, which is is hoped to have open daily in St Mary's.
You may also want to watch:
There will follow a coffee morning on July 10, with another opportunity to see the St Peter's exhibition and an evening Rock and Chips event on July 23, with excerpts from the musical Rock, the story of St Peter.
On July 27 there will be a morning communion, with a reflection on the past of St Peter's and this will be followed at 3pm by the Bishop's rededication of the Lady Chapel
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
For further information contact the Parish Office at 9, Church Walk, Bideford (tel 01237 474078) or Jean Stewart (01237 471713).