Pictures: Morris dancers take over Ilfracombe for festival weekend
- Credit: Debbie Soden Photography
More than 500 Morris dancers were in Ilfracombe over the weekend for the annual All Things Morris festivities.
The two day festival saw Morris sides in town from as far afield as Yorkshire and the Isle of Wight as well as North Devon groups.
Saturday began with a parade of participants from the Pier to the seafront led by Ilfracombe mayor Val Gates and town crier Roy Goodwin, followed by dancing at locations around the town.
On Sunday there was of course more dancing plus a visit by the Morris and Friends car show, featuring around 20 vehicles with a mixture of Morris and other classic cars.
The award for the best Morris car went to a 1934 Morris 8 Series 1 tourer and this car was also the peoples' choice.
You may also want to watch:
Marnie Quy of organiser Events4Ilfracombe said: "We were overwhelmed with the number of dancers who have chosen to attend this year.
"A massive thank you to everyone who took part, including all those who helped with the catering and the local campsites that gave the dancers two nights of camping free."
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council