All North Devon healthcare staff offered swine flu jab, says trust
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust has resolutely denied claims that Sodexo staff have not been offered swine flu jabs. North Devon MP Nick Harvey said last week he understood the staff – who carry out catering, cleaning and portering duties at North Devon D
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust has resolutely denied claims that Sodexo staff have not been offered swine flu jabs.
North Devon MP Nick Harvey said last week he understood the staff - who carry out catering, cleaning and portering duties at North Devon District Hospital - had not been given the H1N1 vaccination like their NHS colleagues.
But in a statement today (Monday) Jo Gibbs, deputy chief executive at the trust, said:
"I'd like to assure patients and visitors that, contrary to the unfounded claim last week, Sodexo employees are offered swine flu jabs in exactly the same way as any other staff at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"Hundreds of our frontline people have been vaccinated, in order to safeguard themselves, their families and everybody who comes into the hospital.
"Fortunately, there haven't been as many hospital admissions as feared, but we continue to run clinics for all staff - Sodexo or otherwise - who want their jabs."
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 New shop to open at Affinity Devon near Bideford
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president