All go for Georgeham MUGA plan
Proposals for new village sports facility approved by council planners
SCALED-down plans for a multi-use games area (MUGA) at Georgeham have been approved by council planners.
The new village sports facility is being built on the playing field at Newberry Road.
The 20x12metre “Michigan Arena” will be situated in the south east corner of the playing field to the south of the main pitch and north of the existing car park.
A previous proposal was revised due to financial restraints forced on the council and the Playing Fields Association.
You may also want to watch:
Plans for a tennis court are likely to be the subject of a future application when funds become available.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home