All change at Ilfracombe Town Football Club
- Credit: Archant
Phase one of football club improvements is now complete.
THE first phase of a project to improve the facilities at Ilfracombe Town Football Club is now complete.
The club’s changing rooms at Marlborough Road have undergone a complete refurbishment and now boast new showers and ventilation.
The £9,000 project has been part-funded with £5,000 of Section 106 developer contributions released by North Devon Council.
The council’s executive member for sports, leisure and culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “We felt this was a very worthwhile project to support, as it is a very popular club and looking to the future.
You may also want to watch:
“The changing rooms will also be used by many other groups playing on the town’s new artificial grass pitch.”
Club chairman, Matthew Hayne, said: “During our end of season presentation, I stated to the players that I was well aware that the facilities at the club were certainly not conducive to the standard of football that the club has attained over the last few seasons.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
“I promised improvements to them during the close season and was delighted with the support from North Devon Council. The feedback from the players has been very positive, and the improvements well received.”
Further improvements to the clubhouse, including a new central heating system, will take place next summer.