All change at Ilfracombe Town Football Club
- Credit: Archant
Phase one of football club improvements is now complete.
THE first phase of a project to improve the facilities at Ilfracombe Town Football Club is now complete.
The club’s changing rooms at Marlborough Road have undergone a complete refurbishment and now boast new showers and ventilation.
The £9,000 project has been part-funded with £5,000 of Section 106 developer contributions released by North Devon Council.
The council’s executive member for sports, leisure and culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “We felt this was a very worthwhile project to support, as it is a very popular club and looking to the future.
You may also want to watch:
“The changing rooms will also be used by many other groups playing on the town’s new artificial grass pitch.”
Club chairman, Matthew Hayne, said: “During our end of season presentation, I stated to the players that I was well aware that the facilities at the club were certainly not conducive to the standard of football that the club has attained over the last few seasons.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
“I promised improvements to them during the close season and was delighted with the support from North Devon Council. The feedback from the players has been very positive, and the improvements well received.”
Further improvements to the clubhouse, including a new central heating system, will take place next summer.