All aboard for the North Devon FoodFest
NORTH Devon s finest food and drink will be on show at Barnstaple Pannier Market when Foodfest returns for a third year on Sunday, October 17. Celebrating all that is delectable about the region s food, drink and produce, the event is sponsored by Mole Va
NORTH Devon's finest food and drink will be on show at Barnstaple Pannier Market when Foodfest returns for a third year on Sunday, October 17.
Celebrating all that is delectable about the region's food, drink and produce, the event is sponsored by Mole Valley Farmers and will feature more than 70 local food and drink producer stands, chef demonstrations, free tastings and live music.
The festival will also include the annual North Devon Food awards and now is the time for the public to begin voting for their favourite local restaurant, pub or producer.
FoodFest 2010 will see also feature local food hero and 2008 Master Chef winner, James Nathan giving live cookery demonstrations, with organisers North Devon Plus confident the event will see an increase on the 8,000 who enjoyed last year.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has enjoyed an especially good gourmet dinner or pub lunch, cider, cheese, deli or producer is invited to cast their vote in the coming weeks.
Last year the Old Custom House in Barnstaple won Best Restaurant and the awards are greeted enthusiastically by local restaurateurs and producers, as chef and owner James Duckett explained:
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
"As a new business, winning confirmed to our staff that all our hard work was paying off," he said.
"Not only has it helped generate awareness, the award confirms that our customers are happy and encourages repeat business. "We have established a strong network of local suppliers, which in turn enables us to deliver a better service to our customers, so attending FoodFest has definitely made me a better restaurateur."
By nominating food and drink businesses in North Devon, people are in with the chance to win a �500 holiday in the South West courtesy of Farm and Cottage Holidays. Pick up a form at many local establishments or go to www.northdevon.com and follow the "Things to Do" and "Food and Drink" links.