All aboard for Party at the Manor in Fremington
ONE of the highlights of the Fremington calendar returns to the village on Sunday, August 29 with the fun and music filled entertainment extravaganza that is Party at the Manor. Held in the picturesque grounds of Fremington Manor, the popular community ev
ONE of the highlights of the Fremington calendar returns to the village on Sunday, August 29 with the fun and music filled entertainment extravaganza that is Party at the Manor.
Held in the picturesque grounds of Fremington Manor, the popular community event grows each year and makes a great day out for people of all ages, with games, refreshments and sideshows alongside live music from talented local bands.
The charity event runs from 12 noon-6.30pm and will also include a bouncy castle, beer tent, barbecue, cream teas, tombola, raffle and more. Tickets are �5 inn advance, �7 at the gate and free to those aged under 17.
It is organised by Fremington Community Group and will be raising money for local projects plus the Comfort Fund at Fremington Manor, the Children's Hospice South West and St Peters Church.
You may also want to watch:
The music includes some of the best North Devon talent, with engaging singer songwriter Amy Newton topping the bill to entertain with her wide collection of self-penned songs delivered with a great voice and her impressive rhythm guitar.
Joining her at the Manor will be local ska band The Liquidators, whose brand of authentic high tempo ska is ideal for dancing.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre
Ensuring there is something for all ages, the varied musical line up also features the talented multi instrumental folk is inspired Company of Fools, another high energy act, as well as the soaring melodies of indie surf rockers The Yum Yums.
Not to mention the Glyn Cook Davies Band, Devon singer and folklorist Simon Paul, plus lyrical hip hop, reggae and African rhythms from Juskarma.
Enthusiastic young local bands Twisted Pistols and Future Remains will also be taking to the stage, together with a youth talent show.
Visit www.fremingtoncommunity.co.uk/partyatthemanor or get tickets from Fremington Manor, Fremington Post Office, Beechfield and Bickington Stores plus Devon Outdoor and Camping Supplies at Trelawney near Braunton. Or call 07595 988704.