Alistair McGowan back on the road and heading for Barnstaple
POPULAR impressionist, Alistair McGowan will be entertaining North Devon fans when he visits the region as part of a UK tour next month. Alistair, back on the road with his first solo stand-up tour in 10 years, arrives at Barnstaple s Queen s Theatre on S
POPULAR impressionist, Alistair McGowan will be entertaining North Devon fans when he visits the region as part of a UK tour next month.
Alistair, back on the road with his first solo stand-up tour in 10 years, arrives at Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre on Sunday, November 22.
His brand new one-man show will see him resurrect his legendary celebrity impressions including Richard Madeley, Gary Linekar and Terry Wogan, as well as introduce a host of new ones such as Boris Johnson, Gary Barlow and Adrian Chiles.
Alistair is perhaps best known for his BAFTA award-winning TV series The Big Impression, in which he and comedy partner Ronni Ancona impersonated a range of celebrities, including tabloid favourites "Posh and Becks".
You may also want to watch:
He is also a highly acclaimed actor whose theatre work includes Little Shop of Horrors for which he received an Olivier nomination; Merry Wives: The Musical; Cabaret; and Measure For Measure.
On TV he starred in BBC's Bleak House and Mayo, took part in Who Do You Think You Are, and has been a guest host on Have I Got News For You.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
Tickets are �15. For more information or to book, telephone the theatre box office on (01271) 324242 or visit www.northdevontheatres.org