Albert is crowned ‘prince’ of cute pets
Shih Tzu takes a bow-wow after winning North Devon Gazette cute pets comp.
ALBERT the Shih Tzu has been crowned North Devon’s prince of cute pets.
The dog, owned by Yasmin Sykes of Bideford, was the run-away winner in the final of the North Devon Gazette competition, held in conjunction with Andy Casey Photography and the Groom Room at Pets at Home.
Albert, who beat nearly 150 animals to the title, received a whopping 126 text votes in the final and 183 votes overall.
The competition has proved hugely popular with Gazette readers, who cast a total of 1,229 votes, raising �614.50 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Albert has won his owner a framed print courtesy of Andy Casey Photography, a �50 Pets at Home voucher and a groom from the Groom Room.
Gazette advertising manager Graham Harris said: “We were overwhelmed by the response.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
“Thank-you to everyone who has supported the competition in aid of a great cause.”