Alarm service for vulnerable extended in North Devon
AN emergency alarm service for older and vulnerable people which gives peace of mind and can bring help at any time of the day or night is now available to all. Devon Homelink has provided its alarm service to North Devon Homes customers for a number of
AN emergency alarm service for older and vulnerable people which gives peace of mind and can bring help at any time of the day or night is now available to all.
Devon Homelink has provided its alarm service to North Devon Homes' customers for a number of years but now it is on offer to anyone who feels they might benefit.
The alarm is a small unit that plugs into the telephone socket. A pendant is provided which can be worn around the neck or on the wrist like a watch.
If a call is triggered it will set off a call to a 24-hour control centre where a fully trained operator will have the name and address of the customer calling and will offer advice or send help to their address.
You may also want to watch:
The service is designed to provide around the clock reassurance and peace of mind, allowing elderly or vulnerable people to live independently in their own homes but with help on hand at the touch of a button.
To find out more about the Devon Homelink service, call free on 0800 0837553.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling