Alarm service for vulnerable extended in North Devon
AN emergency alarm service for older and vulnerable people which gives peace of mind and can bring help at any time of the day or night is now available to all. Devon Homelink has provided its alarm service to North Devon Homes customers for a number of
AN emergency alarm service for older and vulnerable people which gives peace of mind and can bring help at any time of the day or night is now available to all.
Devon Homelink has provided its alarm service to North Devon Homes' customers for a number of years but now it is on offer to anyone who feels they might benefit.
The alarm is a small unit that plugs into the telephone socket. A pendant is provided which can be worn around the neck or on the wrist like a watch.
If a call is triggered it will set off a call to a 24-hour control centre where a fully trained operator will have the name and address of the customer calling and will offer advice or send help to their address.
You may also want to watch:
The service is designed to provide around the clock reassurance and peace of mind, allowing elderly or vulnerable people to live independently in their own homes but with help on hand at the touch of a button.
To find out more about the Devon Homelink service, call free on 0800 0837553.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon