Alarm service for vulnerable extended in North Devon
AN emergency alarm service for older and vulnerable people which gives peace of mind and can bring help at any time of the day or night is now available to all. Devon Homelink has provided its alarm service to North Devon Homes customers for a number of
AN emergency alarm service for older and vulnerable people which gives peace of mind and can bring help at any time of the day or night is now available to all.
Devon Homelink has provided its alarm service to North Devon Homes' customers for a number of years but now it is on offer to anyone who feels they might benefit.
The alarm is a small unit that plugs into the telephone socket. A pendant is provided which can be worn around the neck or on the wrist like a watch.
If a call is triggered it will set off a call to a 24-hour control centre where a fully trained operator will have the name and address of the customer calling and will offer advice or send help to their address.
You may also want to watch:
The service is designed to provide around the clock reassurance and peace of mind, allowing elderly or vulnerable people to live independently in their own homes but with help on hand at the touch of a button.
To find out more about the Devon Homelink service, call free on 0800 0837553.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue