Aims for sale of Ilfracombe Pavilion site
PROPOSALS to sell off the former Ilfracombe Pavilion site for development to help regenerate the seafront will be discussed today (Tuesday) by North Devon Council s executive committee. The committee agreed last autumn to sell the site and has now been re
PROPOSALS to sell off the former Ilfracombe Pavilion site for development to help regenerate the seafront will be discussed today (Tuesday) by North Devon Council's executive committee.
The committee agreed last autumn to sell the site and has now been recommended to approve a list of objectives for the site.
It is proposed any development should create an all year around, all weather attraction which improves leisure and tourism opportunities in the town.
It should also be commercially sustainable and provide employment opportunities, as well as "create a recognised contribution to the seafront."
You may also want to watch:
The council suggest a residential development is not preferred and would only be considered on a minor scale in support of a larger scheme.
It should also be "aesthetically pleasing" with a look that reflects its surroundings and public access should be retained where possible.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land