Aims for sale of Ilfracombe Pavilion site
PROPOSALS to sell off the former Ilfracombe Pavilion site for development to help regenerate the seafront will be discussed today (Tuesday) by North Devon Council s executive committee. The committee agreed last autumn to sell the site and has now been re
PROPOSALS to sell off the former Ilfracombe Pavilion site for development to help regenerate the seafront will be discussed today (Tuesday) by North Devon Council's executive committee.
The committee agreed last autumn to sell the site and has now been recommended to approve a list of objectives for the site.
It is proposed any development should create an all year around, all weather attraction which improves leisure and tourism opportunities in the town.
It should also be commercially sustainable and provide employment opportunities, as well as "create a recognised contribution to the seafront."
You may also want to watch:
The council suggest a residential development is not preferred and would only be considered on a minor scale in support of a larger scheme.
It should also be "aesthetically pleasing" with a look that reflects its surroundings and public access should be retained where possible.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer