AgriBusiness Centre in Holsworthy could be open in a year
- Credit: Archant
Contractors have been announced for the project, which is the largest ever undertaken by Torridge District Council.
WORK on a new livestock market and AgriBusiness Centre in Holsworthy could begin as soon as next week.
Morgan Sindall has been announced by Torridge District Council as the contractors for the development.
The project is the largest ever undertaken by the council and is estimated to support 450 jobs in the centre and create 161 new jobs in the town.
The council also estimates the centre will generate up to £12million in the regional economy and £8.3million in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The project, which has been worked on by the council for four months, is estimated to be completed in 12-14 months.
The existing livestock centre will then be the subject of a multi-million pound investment which will see Tesco build a new store and Cavanna Homes build 91 new houses.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new