AgriBusiness Centre in Holsworthy could be open in a year
- Credit: Archant
Contractors have been announced for the project, which is the largest ever undertaken by Torridge District Council.
WORK on a new livestock market and AgriBusiness Centre in Holsworthy could begin as soon as next week.
Morgan Sindall has been announced by Torridge District Council as the contractors for the development.
The project is the largest ever undertaken by the council and is estimated to support 450 jobs in the centre and create 161 new jobs in the town.
The council also estimates the centre will generate up to £12million in the regional economy and £8.3million in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The project, which has been worked on by the council for four months, is estimated to be completed in 12-14 months.
The existing livestock centre will then be the subject of a multi-million pound investment which will see Tesco build a new store and Cavanna Homes build 91 new houses.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience