Age is no barrier for daredevil Ray, 85
- Credit: Archant
Skydive comes highly recommended – whatever your age!
A fearless grandad has celebrated his 85th birthday in style – by jumping out of an aeroplane.
Children’s Hospice South West supporter Ray Hales, from Bickington, took part in a tandem skydive from 15,000ft to raise money for the charity.
Ray, who has volunteered at Little Bridge House since the charity’s beginnings in the early 1990s, joked: “I was going to do a parachute jump before by birthday but I thought ’84 is too young to die’ so waited until I turned 85.
“It was an amazing day – very enjoyable. As soon as I got my breath and knew what was going on I could see both the North and South Devon coastline.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a lovely feeling floating down gently to earth with the lovely views. I would quite happily do it again – it was a great feeling.
“If anyone would like to sponsor me they can call me on 01271 373608 – I’ve still got plenty of sponsor sheets.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon