Age is no barrier for daredevil Ray, 85
- Credit: Archant
Skydive comes highly recommended – whatever your age!
A fearless grandad has celebrated his 85th birthday in style – by jumping out of an aeroplane.
Children’s Hospice South West supporter Ray Hales, from Bickington, took part in a tandem skydive from 15,000ft to raise money for the charity.
Ray, who has volunteered at Little Bridge House since the charity’s beginnings in the early 1990s, joked: “I was going to do a parachute jump before by birthday but I thought ’84 is too young to die’ so waited until I turned 85.
“It was an amazing day – very enjoyable. As soon as I got my breath and knew what was going on I could see both the North and South Devon coastline.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a lovely feeling floating down gently to earth with the lovely views. I would quite happily do it again – it was a great feeling.
“If anyone would like to sponsor me they can call me on 01271 373608 – I’ve still got plenty of sponsor sheets.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple