Advice issued for North Devon patient appointments
- Credit: Archant
Hospital and outpatient appointments in North Devon will continue today (Thursday) but are to be cancelled tomorrow.
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust has issued advice to patients in the wake of the Met Office red weather warning for snow in parts of the region.
The trust said it was continuing to run clinics today and is advising patients to attend their appointments as long as they feel safe to do so and can travel safely.
But all appointments tomorrow have been cancelled, which includes outpatient appointments, day case surgery and endoscopy, and elective inpatient surgery.
Darryn Allcorn, director of nursing, quality and workforce at the Trust, said: “Heavy snow is expected later today, which could make it unsafe to travel. Please monitor the weather conditions and consider your safety before travelling today.
“We would appreciate it if you can let us know if you can’t attend and need to rearrange your appointment – please call the number on your appointment letter.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank all our staff who have responded to calls to help transport other staff to and from work, helping us keep vital services running.”
Yesterday, North Devon District Hospital staff were being asked to contact the control room and their line manager at NDDH if they were unable to get in.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
The hospital was organising a 4x4 transport service to get staff to work and asked for any staff who drive 4x4s to contact the control room.
* Keep up to date with updates on our live feed throughout the day