Adventurers take on Everest for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
North Devon team are hoping to trek to the top of the world next year for the Children’s Hospice South West.
A team of intrepid explorers from North Devon are taking on the ultimate challenge of climbing Mount Everest.
Team EverestAscent is lead by Jason Ashton, from Bideford, and taking on the 8854 metre climb for Children’s Hospice South West.
Jason said: “We understand what an extremely difficult task this is and we aim to be fully prepared.
“We have a full year of training ahead of us before we fly to Nepal in March 2016 to spend 45 days acclimatising before attempting the ascent.”
Follow the team’s progress by visiting: http://everestascent.wix.com/chsweverestascent
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far