Activity day for proposed Steiner school
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Chance for parents to learn more about free school
The Steiner Acadmey North Devon group will be holding a Christmas Activity Day on Saturday (December 14).
The Steiner group are hoping to open a new free school in North Devon in the near future, after opening a new academy in Exeter in September, and will be holding the event from 10am-3pm.
They have already taken the first steps towards making a school for 4-16 year-olds a reality in the area, and will be holding the activity day this weekend at St Anne’s Chapel in Barnstaple to allow people to talk to the proposal team, while enjoying arts and crafts and refreshments.
The Principle of the Exeter Academy, Alan Swindell, will also be at St Anne’s to explain the Steiner education and answer questions from interested parents.
You may also want to watch:
Steiner schools form the largest group of independent schools in the world and are famed for placing an emphasis on creativity and arts education, and now aim to apply to the Department of Education for state funding to create a school in North Devon under the free school initiative.
The school is still currently trying to gain support signatures, but should the proposal go ahead it would be North Devon’s second free school after the Route 39 Academy opened in Clovelly earlier this year.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
For more information, visit www.steineracademynorthdevon.org.uk.