Action plan to enhance Westward Ho!
TORRIDGE District Council has announced plans for the enhancement of Westward Ho! Next year, the council has pledged to start the first phase of the village green enhancement scheme which includes improved lighting. It has also agreed to clean, paint and
TORRIDGE District Council has announced plans for the enhancement of Westward Ho!
Next year, the council has pledged to start the first phase of the village green enhancement scheme which includes improved lighting. It has also agreed to clean, paint and repair seats on the promenade before Easter; replace faulty lighting on the promenade; and clean up the green shelters and the toilet block shelter in February and March.
Also on the list is a plan to inspect and maintain the rock pool, sea wall and hand rails on the steps leading down to the beach, while signage in the main car park will be reviewed.
The council also intends to open discussions about the Buccaneer site and possible extension of the bus stop.
You may also want to watch:
The forward looking action plan for the seaside village has been drawn up following meetings with the local residents' association, businesses, and Northam Town Council.
Since listening to local people, the council has already repaired fencing around the popular children's area and fixed a leak in the Rock Pool. Northam Town Council has since provided hanging baskets; three new litter bins and two new dog bins, as well as a new village notice board.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
Councillor Roger Tisdale said: "I hope the village will be pleased with Torridge's commitment to Westward Ho! and the time-scale when all of these enhancements will take place."
To report faulty lighting on Westward Ho! promenade telephone Torridge District Council on (01237) 428707. For all other lighting issues contact Devon County Council on 0845 1551004.