Action plan to enhance Westward Ho!
TORRIDGE District Council has announced plans for the enhancement of Westward Ho! Next year, the council has pledged to start the first phase of the village green enhancement scheme which includes improved lighting. It has also agreed to clean, paint and
TORRIDGE District Council has announced plans for the enhancement of Westward Ho!
Next year, the council has pledged to start the first phase of the village green enhancement scheme which includes improved lighting. It has also agreed to clean, paint and repair seats on the promenade before Easter; replace faulty lighting on the promenade; and clean up the green shelters and the toilet block shelter in February and March.
Also on the list is a plan to inspect and maintain the rock pool, sea wall and hand rails on the steps leading down to the beach, while signage in the main car park will be reviewed.
The council also intends to open discussions about the Buccaneer site and possible extension of the bus stop.
You may also want to watch:
The forward looking action plan for the seaside village has been drawn up following meetings with the local residents' association, businesses, and Northam Town Council.
Since listening to local people, the council has already repaired fencing around the popular children's area and fixed a leak in the Rock Pool. Northam Town Council has since provided hanging baskets; three new litter bins and two new dog bins, as well as a new village notice board.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Councillor Roger Tisdale said: "I hope the village will be pleased with Torridge's commitment to Westward Ho! and the time-scale when all of these enhancements will take place."
To report faulty lighting on Westward Ho! promenade telephone Torridge District Council on (01237) 428707. For all other lighting issues contact Devon County Council on 0845 1551004.