Actavis workers set for hospice fundraiser trek
- Credit: Archant
Keith and Dave lace up their boots in memory of former friend and colleague.
TWO Actavis workers from Barnstaple are lacing up their walking boots in memory of a former friend and colleague.
Keith Maynard and Dave Eaton will be trekking nearly 240 miles from Brighton to Barnstaple this May in aid of North Devon Hospice.
They hope to raise more than £2,000 to remember Steve Coleman, who lost his battle with cancer at the hospice in 2006.
A similar walk from Barnstaple to Brighton last year raised £4,300 for The Anthony Nolan Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Keith, 51, and Dave, 59, will pass through six counties on the 17-day hike, starting at the former Cox Pharmaceutical factory in Brighton on May 4, and finishing at the Actavis site in Whiddon Valley.
They hope supporters will join them at Actavis at around 4.30pm on Monday, May 20, and join them on the final mile of their journey to the Barnstaple’s Albert Clock on the Square.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
Keith said: “We are both fairly fit for our ages and enjoy walking; but we get a kick out of doing such walks for charities and raising monies for good causes.
Dave added: “We’ll be walking the South Downs Way, the Clarendon Way, and across the Quantocks and Exmoor.
“We have a Facebook page that we’ll be updating every day and we hope people will decide to join us along the way.”
Readers can find out more about the charity challenge by searching for ‘Brighton To Barnstaple Walk’ on Facebook, or to sponsor them, visit www.justgiving.com/Keith-Maynard4