Spin cyclists raise £2,000 for ‘inspiring’ Barnstaple gym member
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of spin cyclists pedalled their hearts out to raise more than £2,000 for Breast Cancer UK.
Members of Absolute Training and Nutrition turned out in force at Absolute Spin on Barnstaple Square to show their support for fellow member Denise Russell, who is currently battling breast cancer.
The target was £1,000 but by the weekend the Absolute FCK CNCR Challenge to cycle the distance from Lands Ends to John O'Groats had raised £2,022.
Mrs Russell, who works at Slee Blackwell solicitors, was diagnosed in February and is currently undergoing treatment.
But she still attends spin classes at the gym and has inspired others with her positive attitude.
You may also want to watch:
She said of the fundraiser: "It's absolutely amazing. I am just blown away by all the support.
"This thing cancer is such an eye opener and it catches everybody, it doens not discriminate. You have got to have a good mental strength with this sort of thing - you can't just sit at home in a corner and cry, you have got to come out fighting."
Anyone who would like to donate can go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/fck-cncr .
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon