Abbeyfield in Torrington celebrates 30 years
- Credit: Archant
A Torrington charity brought together its supporters to celebrate 30 years since its opening.
Abbeyfield in Torrington has celebrated 30 years of caring for the elderly community.
Four of the original committee members visited the home to join the celebration.
Abbeyfield Torrington began thanks to a start-up fund in the 1980s of £150 from The Rotary Club of Torrington.
Glen Tor was purchased in 1984 for £64,000 and opened in 1986. Since then, 75 residents have lived there.
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate its birthday Abbeyfield enjoyed a buffet and birthday cake with residents, supporters of the charity and the mayor.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council