A39 death probe
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday. Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor,
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday.
Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor, midway between Bideford and Barnstaple at around 2.30am.
It is understood the man - who has not yet been named - was being taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital, in Barnstaple.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said they could categorically state the patient did not fall out of the vehicle but could not comment further at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
"An investigation will be undertaken and we will be happy to share that once we have the outcome," they said.
After the accident the man was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.06am.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
The driver of the car was uninjured.
The road between the Roundswell roundabout at Barnstaple and the Westleigh junction near Bideford was closed until just after midday on Sunday to enable police to carry out investigation work.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the accident to contact them on 08452 777444 and quote log 180 130610.