A39 death probe
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday. Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor,
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday.
Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor, midway between Bideford and Barnstaple at around 2.30am.
It is understood the man - who has not yet been named - was being taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital, in Barnstaple.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said they could categorically state the patient did not fall out of the vehicle but could not comment further at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
"An investigation will be undertaken and we will be happy to share that once we have the outcome," they said.
After the accident the man was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.06am.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
The driver of the car was uninjured.
The road between the Roundswell roundabout at Barnstaple and the Westleigh junction near Bideford was closed until just after midday on Sunday to enable police to carry out investigation work.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the accident to contact them on 08452 777444 and quote log 180 130610.