A39 death probe
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday. Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor,
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday.
Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor, midway between Bideford and Barnstaple at around 2.30am.
It is understood the man - who has not yet been named - was being taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital, in Barnstaple.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said they could categorically state the patient did not fall out of the vehicle but could not comment further at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
"An investigation will be undertaken and we will be happy to share that once we have the outcome," they said.
After the accident the man was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.06am.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
The driver of the car was uninjured.
The road between the Roundswell roundabout at Barnstaple and the Westleigh junction near Bideford was closed until just after midday on Sunday to enable police to carry out investigation work.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the accident to contact them on 08452 777444 and quote log 180 130610.