A39 death probe
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday. Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor,
AN investigation is under way after a man left an ambulance and was then fatally injured in an accident on the A39 in the early hours of Sunday.
Police said the 32-year-old from Glasgow died after an accident involving a white Nissan Almera at Huish Moor, midway between Bideford and Barnstaple at around 2.30am.
It is understood the man - who has not yet been named - was being taken by ambulance to North Devon District Hospital, in Barnstaple.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said they could categorically state the patient did not fall out of the vehicle but could not comment further at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
"An investigation will be undertaken and we will be happy to share that once we have the outcome," they said.
After the accident the man was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5.06am.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue
The driver of the car was uninjured.
The road between the Roundswell roundabout at Barnstaple and the Westleigh junction near Bideford was closed until just after midday on Sunday to enable police to carry out investigation work.
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the accident to contact them on 08452 777444 and quote log 180 130610.