A39 closed between Barnstaple and Bideford
- Credit: Natasha Porter
The A39 is closed both ways this afternoon after a collision.
The police said the incident was not thought to be serious and the road was closed while vehicles were awaiting recovery.
They could not provide any further details at this time.
Pictures on social media showed stationary vehicles with drivers opening the doors of their cars.
Police an ambulance are in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet from Stagecoach South West said bus services 5B, 21 & 21A were experiencing delays after being diverted via Bickington and Fremington.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council