A39 closed following three car crash near Bideford
A SECTION of the A39 near Bideford was closed following a three-car collision on Saturday morning. A silver Peugeot and silver Vauxhall Astra, both though to be local, and a blue Ford Fiesta, registered in the Wolverhampton area, were involved in the acci
A SECTION of the A39 near Bideford was closed following a three-car collision on Saturday morning.
A silver Peugeot and silver Vauxhall Astra, both thought to be local, and a blue Ford Fiesta, registered in the Wolverhampton area, were involved in the accident at Abbotsham Cross, shortly after 11.30am.
Paramedics treated four people for injuries at the scene. One was taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple by air ambulance and three were taken to hospital by road ambulance. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Two fire engines from Bideford were also called to assist police and ambulance crews.
You may also want to watch:
The road from the Heywood roundabout was closed until 1.45pm.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes