A wonderful night
- Credit: Archant
I would like to thank the Barnstaple branch of the Royal British Legion for the wonderful Burns Night they put on in aid of Legion funds.
Having moved down here after my retirement from the armed forces I was delighted to find the Legion, and the comradeship and support it offers, so I decided to attend this night to meet new people.
Having been a member of HM forces for nearly 30 years I was blown away by the profesionalism of this event – it was like stepping back into Scotland.
I had assumed that a professional catering company had done the event but I was blown away to discover that it was catered for by a 16-year-old-girl and her mother, who I believe is the events organiser.
It was first class and the Legion must be very proud to have them on their team.
You may also want to watch:
The food was beautifully delivered and I enjoyed the fact that they had the army cadet force there to assist. It is not often you see a Legion pull off big events, but this was superb in the first degree.
I met some lovely Devonians with whom I hope to catch up again, so therefore my transition into Civvy Street has been helped by this wonderful organisation.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
Andrew Keillor (former WO2 Army)