A ton and counting for CLIC fund raiser Alan
BIG-HEARTED North Devon resident, Ivan Huxtable is preparing for his 20th annual Variety Night after already raising �100,000 for CLIC Sargent, the children’s cancer charity.
Ivan, aged 71 from Umberleigh, has expertly co-ordinated the entertainment extravaganza at North Molton Sports Centre for every year of its existence.
The event on Friday, July 8 will feature music from rock and roll legends tribute act, Alan Becks, plus Scottish stars Billy Marshall and Val McDougall. The “Wag from Widdecombe,” BBC Radio Devon’s Tony Beard will be supporting the evening, as he has enthusiastically done for many years.
“The Variety night has always been so popular, with more than 500 people coming along,” said Ivan.
“We promise to put on a fantastic evening again this year and hope lots of people will buy tickets so we can raise as much as possible for such a worthy charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Every day, 10 families hear the devastating news that their child has cancer. CLIC Sargent helps them through this immensely difficult journey, providing clinical, practical and emotional support to children and young people from birth to 24 years of age.
“It is thanks to the dedication of wonderful volunteers such as Ivan and his team, that CLIC Sargent is able to provide this vital support to local children and young people with cancer,” said Alison Ramsay, local community fundraising manager
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
“Ivan has been a long term supporter since the charity’s early days, and has raised such a phenomenal amount, we can’t thank him enough for this.”
The Variety Night will take place on Friday, July 8 at 7.15pm. Tickets cost �16 and include ploughman’s dinner. They are available at the door or in advance by calling (01769) 540835.