A snapshot of North Devon: In association with the ‘A Place in North Devon’ Facebook group.
AN ONLINE group showcasing beautiful areas of North Devon has been flourishing after one man started to gain worldwide interest in his photographs.
Terrence Priscott, of Prisco Knit Designs, set up the group on Facebook called ‘A Place in North Devon’ to encourage people to share their snapshots of the local area.
And each month, Terrence will be nominating one photo from the group, which already has more than 280 members, to appear in the Gazette.
This month, the featured photo was taken by Andrew Barrett, and shows a serene setting along the river in Barnstaple.
Mr Priscott said: “I started the group about 3 weeks ago when I found there was an interest in my own photos when I posted them on Facebook and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
“Comments came from as far away as Australia; some came from people who once lived in North Devon and had left to live elsewhere, maybe overseas.
“The group shows unique photos of North Devon which are not available on search engine image results; all are welcome to join, professional or amateur.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
To be in with a chance of appearing as next month’s photo and share your own photos of North Devon, join the group by clicking the link in the top right hand corner of the page.