A snapshot of North Devon: In association with the ‘A Place in North Devon’ Facebook group.
AN ONLINE group showcasing beautiful areas of North Devon has been flourishing after one man started to gain worldwide interest in his photographs.
Terrence Priscott, of Prisco Knit Designs, set up the group on Facebook called ‘A Place in North Devon’ to encourage people to share their snapshots of the local area.
And each month, Terrence will be nominating one photo from the group, which already has more than 280 members, to appear in the Gazette.
This month, the featured photo was taken by Andrew Barrett, and shows a serene setting along the river in Barnstaple.
Mr Priscott said: “I started the group about 3 weeks ago when I found there was an interest in my own photos when I posted them on Facebook and Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
“Comments came from as far away as Australia; some came from people who once lived in North Devon and had left to live elsewhere, maybe overseas.
“The group shows unique photos of North Devon which are not available on search engine image results; all are welcome to join, professional or amateur.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
To be in with a chance of appearing as next month’s photo and share your own photos of North Devon, join the group by clicking the link in the top right hand corner of the page.