A simple fold
In this age of austerity it’s a shame the council is sending out one-sheet A4 letters in an A4 envelope at a cost of 56p per one.
If only they had folded the letter it would have cost 31p.
Mine was marked with the number 26 and circled – it was possibly the top of a pile of 26 letters. A saving of 25p per letter... over the cost of a week... a year... oh dear!
Let the readers do the maths!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel