A quick question...
I am trying to trace my family tree and have discovered that my great-great-great-great-grandfather was one Edward Quick, who was born circa 1825 in Great Torrington.
I believe he married Emma (unknown maiden name) between 1851 and 1861.
The 1861 census shows three sons: Thomas, Alfred and Stephen. My great-great-great-grandfather is Alfred.
My research indicates a number of Quicks from that area, but I have been unable to find any further trace for Edward.
I am therefore hoping one of your readers may be able to help.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl