A quick question...
I am trying to trace my family tree and have discovered that my great-great-great-great-grandfather was one Edward Quick, who was born circa 1825 in Great Torrington.
I believe he married Emma (unknown maiden name) between 1851 and 1861.
The 1861 census shows three sons: Thomas, Alfred and Stephen. My great-great-great-grandfather is Alfred.
My research indicates a number of Quicks from that area, but I have been unable to find any further trace for Edward.
I am therefore hoping one of your readers may be able to help.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI