A quick question...
I am trying to trace my family tree and have discovered that my great-great-great-great-grandfather was one Edward Quick, who was born circa 1825 in Great Torrington.
I believe he married Emma (unknown maiden name) between 1851 and 1861.
The 1861 census shows three sons: Thomas, Alfred and Stephen. My great-great-great-grandfather is Alfred.
My research indicates a number of Quicks from that area, but I have been unable to find any further trace for Edward.
I am therefore hoping one of your readers may be able to help.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021