A lovely story
SIR - With reference to your recent story Please send a parcel to my girl in Afghanistan. What lovely story and plea. I am married to one of Sarah s comrades, Michael MacDiarmid and he is located in a very similar place. Bastion and other bigger camps a
SIR - With reference to your recent story Please send a parcel to my girl in Afghanistan. What lovely story and plea.
I am married to one of Sarah's comrades, Michael MacDiarmid and he is located in a very similar place.
Bastion and other bigger camps are a time of luxury for Sarah/Mike and others doing similar things.
They have to be very self-proficient where they are, so they will have built most of where they will be living and Mike has told me many stories about the chickens they have and the chicken pen they have built.
It's hard knowing that he hasn't got the luxury of the internet and yes 30 minutes calling time a week is nothing, so I get two phone calls a week and we have only been married eight weeks.
I hope Sarah is getting on well and staying safe. Please do send things out as it is free and will be so amazing for them out there.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 4 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 7 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 8 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
- 9 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 10 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
Mary MacDiarmid, Bath.