A lovely story
SIR - With reference to your recent story Please send a parcel to my girl in Afghanistan. What lovely story and plea. I am married to one of Sarah s comrades, Michael MacDiarmid and he is located in a very similar place. Bastion and other bigger camps a
SIR - With reference to your recent story Please send a parcel to my girl in Afghanistan. What lovely story and plea.
I am married to one of Sarah's comrades, Michael MacDiarmid and he is located in a very similar place.
Bastion and other bigger camps are a time of luxury for Sarah/Mike and others doing similar things.
They have to be very self-proficient where they are, so they will have built most of where they will be living and Mike has told me many stories about the chickens they have and the chicken pen they have built.
You may also want to watch:
It's hard knowing that he hasn't got the luxury of the internet and yes 30 minutes calling time a week is nothing, so I get two phone calls a week and we have only been married eight weeks.
I hope Sarah is getting on well and staying safe. Please do send things out as it is free and will be so amazing for them out there.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
Mary MacDiarmid, Bath.