A helping hand at Christmas from Barnstaple Lions
Lions make its annual donation to charities for the homeless
BARNSTAPLE Lions Club is helping to spread a little extra Christmas cheer with its annual donation for those in need.
Both Barnstaple Salvation Army and Barnstaple Poverty Action Group have received cash grants to help provide food parcels and support for those who might not otherwise be able to eat properly this Christmas.
As ever, whilst Christmas time is meant to be a happy one, for many people it is just the opposite and often proves the busiest time for charities.
The Salvation Army is busy putting together food parcels that will be distributed to local people who need them, as is BPAG, which also runs soup kitchens around the district.
You may also want to watch:
These take place in Barnstaple every Tuesday at the Parish Rooms beside the Parish Church in the town centre, from 10am 1.30pm, with hot food served from 12 noon.
There is another at the Ilfracombe Salvation Army Hall, Torrs Park Road on Fridays and at the Happy Caf� in Westward Ho on Thursday, both also from 10am-1.30pm.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety