A helping hand at Christmas from Barnstaple Lions
Lions make its annual donation to charities for the homeless
BARNSTAPLE Lions Club is helping to spread a little extra Christmas cheer with its annual donation for those in need.
Both Barnstaple Salvation Army and Barnstaple Poverty Action Group have received cash grants to help provide food parcels and support for those who might not otherwise be able to eat properly this Christmas.
As ever, whilst Christmas time is meant to be a happy one, for many people it is just the opposite and often proves the busiest time for charities.
The Salvation Army is busy putting together food parcels that will be distributed to local people who need them, as is BPAG, which also runs soup kitchens around the district.
You may also want to watch:
These take place in Barnstaple every Tuesday at the Parish Rooms beside the Parish Church in the town centre, from 10am 1.30pm, with hot food served from 12 noon.
There is another at the Ilfracombe Salvation Army Hall, Torrs Park Road on Fridays and at the Happy Caf� in Westward Ho on Thursday, both also from 10am-1.30pm.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council