A great day at Castle Hill Car Festival
- Credit: Andrew Petty
Competition winner has a fantastic time at motoring event thanks to Park Lane Wealth Management and the North Devon Gazette.
A motoring enthusiast and the winner of our Castle Hill Car Festival competition was delighted with his action-packed VIP prize when he went to the event on Saturday.
Scott Malcolm from Swimbridge together with family and friends had a great time courtesy of the prize donated by Park Lane Wealth Management, also one of the event sponsors.
Hosted at the Filleigh estate of Lord and Lady Arran, the festival was a must for petrol heads and car fans everywhere, as sleek classics rubbed shoulders with turn-charged supercars.
Scott’s prize included a helicopter ride plus a Ferrari track experience, as well as prime position for displays including the Abarth stunt plane.
In between there was the chance to browse more than 1,000 vehicles, trade stalls, as well as visit the Top Gear Experience and watch the Track Sprint Challenge as owners put their cars through their paces.
“It was a fantastic day,” said Scott, who was able to take six family and friends with him.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 3 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 4 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 5 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 6 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 7 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 10 2021 was breakthrough year for Cancer and Wellbeing Fern Centre
“Marc Payne of Park Lane Wealth Management gave me two VIP family tickets, which was really kind of them. The highlight for me was probably the Ferrari, as I am a massive car enthusiast and go to a lot of VW meets, so the whole was really up my street.”
* CLICK on the gallery link to the top right of this page to see more pictures from the event.